Dh/gate

Discussions on where to buy, upgrades, or show off your gear.
Buffaloguitar

Dh/gate

Post by Buffaloguitar »

Anyone have experience with disputes? I had a store tell me that they accidentally shipped my guitar to the wrong location and they were sending me out a new guitar. It’s been two months and communication has stopped.. Needless to say no guitar. Seller was great right up until they shipped the instrument I have pictures of the finished product. It all looked good. They were responsive to questions, and then they just dropped off the face of the Earth.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Dh/gate

Post by Scott »

I haven’t ordered from there because I was warned about things like this. How did you make the payment?
Buffaloguitar

Dh/gate

Post by Buffaloguitar »

I paid with Amex, they offer the best consumer protection of any card. But disputing with the card company is a pain. I’ve have only had to do it once, but I did get my money back.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Dh/gate

Post by Scott »

I would certainly dispute it with DHGate first to get the ball rolling. This is fraud. Gather all your evidence and submit the claim. This should help getting started.

Right after you have done that, I would call AmEx and let them know what happened. See what they say. They may tell you to try and resolve it with DHGate/seller first, and that is OK because you just submitted the claim. Tell them that. This way AmEx has it on record if they need to get more involved later. It's been 2 months so you don't want any more time wasted. The longer you wait the worse it looks for you, so get these things on record ASAP.
Buffaloguitar

Dh/gate

Post by Buffaloguitar »

Luckily, I didn’t have to do all that. All I did was explain to the DH gate dispute. What happened? I included a copy of the messages from the seller and the shipping records showing that he sent me a bogus tracking number.
Also said that I paid with AMEX and was going to dispute with them if this wasn’t resolved in a timely fashion, and it’s already been resolved, and the money has been returned.
eBay is a little bit more expensive than AliExpress and DHG but it does seem more reliable.
Buffaloguitar

Dh/gate

Post by Buffaloguitar »

I guess I will see if Cathy can make me my jangle rock guitar
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Dh/gate

Post by Scott »

Buffaloguitar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 pm I guess I will see if Cathy can make me my jangle rock guitar
I have her making me a PRS I’ve been thinking about for a long time. Just make sure you give her as many details/pix as possible.
tooly
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Dh/gate

Post by tooly »

Buffaloguitar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 pm I guess I will see if Cathy can make me my jangle rock guitar
I ordered a Stevie Ray Vaughan model last week from her. Can't wait!